Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Flint Hills, Tall Grass - New Blog

I am very pleased to introduce you all to a new blog, by my good friend and colleague, Dennis Toll. It's called "Flint Hills, Tall Grass." You can see the fruit of his efforts at http://flinthillstallgrass.com. I am confident you will like it, so feel free to pass the link along to others (he says; and I do too!).

I have had the pleasure of working closely with Dennis for more than a couple of years now on the Flint Hills Tourism Coalition and the Heritage Task Force, in particular. I really admire the way Dennis uses words to convey images - I think that is called "Good Writing!" I certainly look forward to the articles in his blog. His passion for the Kansas Flint Hills, and all things Tall Grass, have only grown since his return to Manhattan with his family a number of years ago.


Together with interested others, we are committed to seeing the Kansas Flint Hills region achieve the status of a National Heritage Area; something that a number of our colleagues have been working on for many years. It is a long, slow process, but the local residents are getting on board, slowly and surely, to make the current effort a successful one. We need more people involved, though, so if you are interested in supporting this movement, do not hesitate to let either Dennis or I know of your interest and desire to be involved. It is a worthy endeavor, for the future of Kansas, and the Kansas Flint Hills!

See you in the Kansas Flint Hills! ;-)

No comments: